Tuesday, August 23, 2005

road weary 1999

In the summer of 1999, I spent three months on the road. I gave up my apartment, give my stuff to friends, and headed out on the closest thing a grrl could get to the railroad cars of days past -- Greyhound. I highly recommend the experience if you need a reality check. Ain't nothin' to distract you when everywhere you're a stranger.

AUGUST 6 10.41 am

Been on this road a month or more --
I'm road weary.
Been sleeping in hostels & Greyhound coaches --
I'm road weary.

The cities are all different,
I always need a map,
yet it's just the same plastic tourist crap --
souveniers of portland, denver d.c., seattle
read "made in canada, or china, or taiwan" on the back.

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 10:25 PM, Blogger tigger grrl said...

portland, oregon. months on the road. a hostel that smelled like bug bomb. where someone ate my just-bought & labelled peach ice cream. I'm no longer sure what direction home is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home