Sunday, September 24, 2006

food really IS love


today was a wonderful Sunday. I went to Meeting, socialized with friends old & new, shopped at the lovely grocery store Sunflower, then came home and made blueberry muffin for tomorrow's breakfast, then roasted pesto chicken, wild rice, and fresh beets for dinner. thanks to one of my roomates, we also had a nice bottle of red wine.

I've received a few messages from my sweet readers, expressing concern after my last post. thank you all so very much. in the space I'm in at this very moment, so far away from that emotional ball of nothing, it's hard to remember that I am sometimes that person. everyting I said was true then, but it's not true now. I adore my life, and the people in it. I wouldn't trade a moment of my past for an infettered soul today -- it wouldn't be authentic.

there is one thing that puts a smile on my face, and always has. I L O V E F O O D ! I love shopping for it, I love planning meals, I love cooking food, and I definately love eating. today, I was able to devote hours to food, in all it's stages. I don't have anything profound to say. just that I appreciate the love and support that you all give me, and that today I touched my bliss. tonight, I am very happy.

namaste,
~~elle~~

4 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 9:46 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Looks yummy!

Glad that you're riding a new wave!

No need for apologies and no judgements about selfishness. If I was doing all that you are, I wouldn't be having time to visit your blog as I do. It all just is what it is - and then it will change.

But for now, I enjoy reading your posts and commenting when your writing moves me to.

Still drooling over the photo! ;-)

 
At 11/10/2006 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I found your blog while searching for "Quaker Feminist".
You sound like a really cool person, (I'm bi feminist etc too) but I have a question- you say that you try to live with compassion, but does that not extend to compassion for animals? Factory farming of chickens is a cruel business.

 
At 11/10/2006 5:57 PM, Blogger tigger grrl said...

evangeline, thanks for your comment. yes, factory farms are horrible. however, one should not assume that a person's post regarding food is a tacit approval of factory farms. I only purchase free range, grain-fed chickens and eggs from small, local farmers. no self-respecting cook could do otherwise.

yes, I do eat animals (I was veggie for 13 years and vegan for 2, but my health issues pretty much demand that I include animal protein in my diet). I understand all the intellectual and emotional reasons for not doing so. and I will never try to convince someone else that my way is better (and I would hope that your comment is not an attempt to punish me for being an omnivore).

it's good to check, and educate those who do not understand the evils of corporate farming. but please, never assume. thanks for writing :~)

peace,
~~elle~~

 
At 11/11/2006 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elle, thanks for your reply :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home